Skip to main content

Eating off of Glass-Screen Plates

Society: Now serving gourmet bullshit!
We hear pretty lies, sugar-coated to be easier to swallow, and we're popping them like Xanax.
Gluttonous and insatiable, we devour half-truths, alternative facts, and straight up falsehoods,
Eager to excuse our own fat faces by pointing shit-covered fingers in the direction of others.
Glass screens are the plates we eat off of, taking full advantage of bottomless information,
Filling our heads and stomachs with synthetic realities.
Who appointed the media to be our server?
Someone get the manager, because THIS is not what I ordered.
I asked for truth, and got excuses.
I wanted news, and got distractions.
Please ma'am, I'm just the waiter here, let me send this back and get it redone for you.
Yes, do that, because I never saw "half-baked, biased opinion" on the menu.
Why is everything we hear and see and taste being digested as truth,
When we haven't even taken the time to read the ingredients?
We're greedy little savages, with an IV tapped into our arms connected to our phones,
Pulling sustenance from each measly "like" on social media.
Hollow cheeks and pale complexions prove we have an addiction to the attention,
We get from being insignificant specks in this universe just trying to force our opinion on others.
God forbid you forget your charger, lady.
I'm sure your nine followers will be devastated if you don't respond within two hours.
Choking on the ignorance because it comes faster than we can swallow it,
Spewing violently this concoction of perception onto others around us,
We vomit the emotion-induced words that infect others.
Here, take this reality check and clean yourself up with it.
After all, you have social media you need to look good for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Pressure...

Dear Pressure, Since you seem to have a lot of time to intrude on my life, I thought I'd drop you a line on how it's going. Then you don't have to work so hard to try to be sneaky about whatever it is you plan to do next. I'd like to say that you are everywhere. I see you in the hallways, outside in the parking lot, in the cafeteria, in my classes, on the sidewalk, and even in my own house. You are not very subtle. Sometimes you come forcefully, and other times you are quite gentle. Either way, you are very powerful. It's not hard to see. I have many friends who have gotten pregnant because of you. Others, who have gotten drunk or smoked some weed or stolen something from a local store. No matter where I go, you are there too. Pressure here. Pressure there. See Pressure talk. See Pressure lie. See Pressure run. No one escapes you, do they? But through all my observations, I noticed that you take a most common form of people. You could be a gir

Walking on Crutches

When we were kids, we had everyone else do stuff for us. We still do! But when did we cross that line between walking on crutches and standing on our own two feet? I haven't yet. My parents still pay for my shelter, food, education, (I can't say clothing because I have recently bought all my clothes) and transportation. I owe my place in our class system to them for the some hundred thousands of dollars they have spent on me in my lifetime. When I can get a job and can live on my own, I will start over again. So when do we stop walking on the support (crutches) God has provided for us? When we are old enough? When we deserve it? Does God ever really let us go? I quote from my profile, "When I am walking down the path, he is telling my feet where to go, but not really moving them for me, that is my job. And though I stray from the path all the time, He is there to set me straight again." I think God does let us go, eventually, when we are strong enough to support ours

Life in the world

Have you ever wondered why the bad things in life happen? I have. In fact, I blame ALL the things that happen on the people around me and I don't like doing so. How can we blame a bad grade on our sisters or something. I didn't kind it ridiculous until much later, but growing up, I did. Our life in the world is like a test. We go through life making mistakes and learnign from them, but those are called quizzes. Tests are the real things, like deciding whether or not to get married or whether or not to have children. Those are the things that stick with you for life. The things that you really can't undo, sure you can get divorced and remarry, sure you can put the child up for adoption (and that is not something I would recommend doing) but they are the things that you will never forget or undo. In school, you make a mistake and you try again the next day. If you fail your drivers ed. test, you can take it again next week. But when you hit the real world, and you get into a